DESIGNING THE ULTIMATE SONOMA HOMES
Canopy is the result of a rare and remarkable collaboration between two world-class talents.
Olson Kundig is renowned for creating exceptional and innovative homes sought after by the world’s most discerning clientele. Chef Kyle Connaughton is globally recognized for SingleThread, a Michelin 3-Star restaurant with the uniquely curated tastes of Sonoma wine country. Together, they have crafted the extraordinary integration of architecture, kitchen design, and kitchen gardens in The Garden Homes at Canopy.
Olson Kundig-designed interiors feature organic, timeless materials, including large plank oak hardwood floors and natural stone countertops, exuding warmth and rooting living environments in a sense of place. The grand entrance features an 8’ custom door with crafted steel hardware that opens to soaring ceilings. Sliding glass walls lead to a private terrace, featuring over 600 square feet of outdoor living space.
CHEF-DIRECTED CULINARY DESIGN
Accoladed with 3 Michelin stars, Chef Kyle Connaughton of SingleThread Farm, Restaurant and Inn—voted the 37th best restaurant in the world in 2021—provides creative direction and chose German-engineered Miele appliances for incomparable function and performance in Garden Home kitchens.
SingleThread’s Head Farmer, Katina Connaughton, curates the kitchen garden design. Their direction and influence ensures that Garden home owners will embody Sonoma County’s approach to food: cooking and eating with the seasons, enjoying fresh herbs and greens from their patio gardens, and gathering over long, leisurely meals under the stars.
A SINGLETHREAD-ENHANCED WINE EXPERIENCE
Winner of the 2021 Wine Spectator Grand Award, SingleThread’s Wine Director, Andrew “Rusty” Rastello, guides the design of the Garden Homes’ temperature-controlled wine rooms, and will be available to assist owners—whether new to wine or experienced oenophiles—with education and curation.
Garden Home owners can choose one of two refined, tactile, enduring and natural color palettes selected by Olson Kundig Interiors.
GARDEN HOME FEATURES
- All interiors designed by Olson Kundig
- Multi-slide glass wall system
- Motorized window treatments in living areas and primary bedroom to custom-calibrate privacy and shade
- Expansive, double height living room
- Temperature-controlled wine room, inspired by SingleThread
- Walk-in closet
- Oversize entry door with handcrafted, Tom Kundig-designed handle
- Engineered oak hardwood flooring in wide-plank format
- Programmable, front-loading washer and dryer
- Home automation system
- Choice of two color schemes designed by Olson Kundig Interiors
- Designed by Olson Kundig Interiors, with guidance from SingleThread Chef-Owner Kyle Connaughton
- German-engineered Miele appliance package, curated by chef Kyle Connaughton, selected for innovative features and timeless elegance
- Walk-in pantry
- Modern aesthetic, evoking a warm, inviting ambiance
- Stone countertops
- Waterfall countertops on kitchen island
- Designer cabinetry with textured wood for tactile appeal and casual sophistication
- Free-standing sculptural soaker tub in primary ensuite
- Frameless glass shower with limestone shower walls
- Contemporary floating vanities with under-cabinet lighting
- Stone countertops and backsplash
- Large-format stone floors with radiant heating
- Backlit mirrors
- Graceful concrete and steel construction provides an innovative aesthetic that nods to Healdsburg’s industrial heritage
- Full sprinkler coverage in residences and common areas for fire protection
- Individual secured storage in garage for all homes
- Secure storage for package delivery/pickup managed by HOA
- Assigned private parking in underground parking garage
- EV charging stations in all parking stalls in garage
- Dog washing station
- Low-flow in-home fixtures
- Recycling program
- Solar panels on every building
- Parking stalls equipped with EV infrastructure
- Power sourced from renewable energy sources
- Irrigation systems collect rainwater and runoff
- Weather-synch technology in gardens
- Drought-tolerant plants
- Adjacent to future Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit site